Sue Mann in her wonderful essay "How Can You Do This Work?"in the book Trauma:Narrative responses to traumatic experiences, describes how workplace practices may support or detract from therapists' work with clients who have experienced trauma. For example she asks:
- What opportunities are available for workers to talk about the many experiences of the work?
- Of the many different stories of work that could be shared, what stories and whose stories are being privileged?
- How are the connections people have to what is important and of value to them shared in the workplace?
- What opportunities are there for celebrations in relation to the achievements in the work?
- Are there opportunities to share moments of sadness, moments of beauty, moments of joy? p.17-18